Friday, January 8, 2010

Progress?

I feel like I am in the middle of a lot of photography related things- my project, my classes, finding another project, finding a job for the summer, and maintaining the jobs I already have.

I feel like I have slowed down in the progress of my work as well. I feel like I need to talk to someone in the industry who is passionate and excited in what he/she does, I spend too much time with people who are in the same place and level as me, and how can I grow this way? I am frustrated with having two professors who have completely different opinions about photography- one I agree with more than the other.

I need to make my work and my passion my own again. I need to grow in this way. I don't need to see differently, I just need to refine my way of seeing.

1 comment:

Michael Conti said...

James has been telling me to spend a summer with someone who's style and subject you would want to spend time with. I'm working up the courage to talking to Brenda Ann Keneally. and spelling her name right.