Monday, October 25, 2010

Progress Update and Website Info

I just updated my Website, which now includes my butcher project in its infant stage- which includes a few repetitious photos that I still can't decide between. I also added a couple new singles, and took a few old ones away.

The past two weeks, I've felt kind of stagnant, like I haven't been pushing myself hard enough, or looking at enough of other people's work. I've set some goals for myself in the next couple of weeks, especially since we are beginning to hit hammer time for internship deadlines- especially the big guns (Washington Post, St. Petersburg Times, Virginian Pilot, etc, etc). I want to expand my current story, as well as work on my new one on the family tradition of deer hunting.

Goals for my current story:

I have plenty butchering photos of Chet and his son as well as the VT mobile processing unit. Now, I need better photos of Chuck teaching the gang to butcher. I also need photos of the slaughter classes in a few weeks, and some photos of buthchers at home, their overbooked calenders, etc. I have two shoots planned for this week, one for next week, and hopefully more to come.

I think I also need to polish my singles to the point where I am happy with all of them 100%. I am happy with them on an individual level at this point, but I want them all to flow together when in my portfolio.

No comments: