Monday, December 30, 2013

Thinking on 2013

The life of a community newspaper photographer is marked by a myriad of big and small seasons. Sports Championships, Graduations, Holidays, planting and harvesting, and that first week of Summer. The last few days of the year, a relatively slow time, are a time of reflection for us, as we gather our favorite photographs to share with the community.

As I've searched through our archives and my blog to find my favorites, I'm reminded of the stories I've been able to tell and the lessons I've learned over 2013.

So what did I learn?

I learned that portraits don't need to be high-tech if you capture the essence of your subject...


... some feature photos you see on the way to another assignment are just gifts from the "photo gods" and to never take them for granted.


... some photos are worth getting soaking wet for.


... beautiful moments can happen after the sun goes down


... to always take the opportunity to photograph the things I love (horses! for example)


... life is fleeting, but how much joy it can bring!


Thank you for your support by looking at my photographs! Whether you are part of the Upper Valley Community, a friend, or you stumbled upon this blog, I am happy you're able to share these moments with me. Happy New Year!

No comments: