Thursday, January 5, 2012

The State of the State


Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin meets with aides after his "State of the State" address at the Capitol Building in Montpelier.

---

Having been through several internships, mostly in different states, I've seen my fair share of state government in each of them, and in the past, have been pretty uninterested beyond trying to get a good picture. Now that I live in Vermont, and I will most likely be living here for a while, I really tried to listen to the words of Governor Shumlin as he spoke of the trials that Vermont has gone through over the past few months. It feels good to feel more a part of a place, and I think even in a broader news situation such as this that community journalism plays its part.

Oh, and he mentioned Phish in his speech- where else would that happen??

No comments: